Sunday, July 31, 2011

Maui July Rains

July on Maui was a pretty dry month, at least in Kahului, where my yard really showed it. Friday night, the 29th brought some pretty good rain to Kahului, enough to tell me how bad my roof leaks anyways. The day looked pretty much like all the cloudy days we seem to get now, (See www.ConcernedVoices.com or http://MagicMauiFarms for more on the chem trail theories), but I wouldn't have put money on it raining.





The rains went on into the next morning. Despite the rainfall, these pictures of Kanaha Pond show just how dried out the pond has gotten. The tradewinds and cloud cover are keeping Kahului from directly baking, but I wonder how much of the heat is trapped close to the surface by the blanket of clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments or concerns?
Please leave me a review of this post.
Mahalo
Jim