Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Whole Foods Opens On Maui to Huge Crowd

I had to work a 10 hour day, but my friend went to the Maui newly opened Whole Foods Store and came home with some great food.

I had beef locally produced from Maui Cattle Company and Sunflower sprouts from KahanuAina Farms. A whole host of other good locally grown produce and although the prices were a bit high, many items like Coconut Milk were way reasonable.

Between Whole Foods and Mana Foods in Paia, I can get more than enough good healthy, locally produced and grown food to keep me fed. It doesn't take much and with such good food to look forward to for dinner I'm more likely to eat more dinners instead of relying on lunch and breakfast to carry me through.

I hope this gives Maui a boost for the local Farmers, that can really use the help and encourages even more to start up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments or concerns?
Please leave me a review of this post.
Mahalo
Jim