Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Maui Electric puts up a Vertical Wind Turbine



Monday morning upon arriving early to work, I found that all the equipment I thought was being unloaded to put up a gate on Friday, turned out to be for something else entirely.

As it turns out Maui Electric had a Vertical Wind Turbine with two vehicle chargers installed rigt in the front of their Main Office Building in Kahului on Maui.

It was still early and the sun was just rising. so the pictures are a bit light, but the wind was blowing and I heard it ran pretty fast over the weekend. I will still need to get more info on it, but it looks to be a Mariah WindSpire 1.2 Vertical Wind Turbine.

It ran quietly in the early morning breeze. I hope to have more video up on it later. For now, her is a picture or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments or concerns?
Please leave me a review of this post.
Mahalo
Jim